Merlin’s Rage: The Charactering Check out a bunch of the heros and villains that I made for the game.
I set the tone and direction for all the characters in the new iPhone RPG puzzle game. Here’s a bunch of them.
I had two months to create pretty much all of the art for this game, or I should say all of my part of the art (which was still a grand majority.) As such I had to work extremely fast. I did a ton of sketches, about 150 different character sketches in Corel Painter. Then I took the ones that I would bring to completion and threw them into Adobe Illustrator. After I had the vectored character, I imported it into Adobe Photoshop and added some quick texture and lighting effects. All in all, each character took an average of 3 to 4 hours. Lightning strike-kapow! I got into a rhythm and churned that butter. My wife and kids didn’t really see me for two months, haha. It was a good experience though. I got a ton of practice and had a bunch of fun while doing it.
I would turn on Netflix and listen to random documentaries and stuff while I worked that two months. As a result, I know a lot more about the lost city of Petra, the monarchies of the dark ages, random animals and various other eclectic topics I would otherwise have no knowledge of. In other words, I’m ready for Jeopardy. Well, maybe kids Jeopardy.